Make a donation
Derventio is a local organisation. Every show of generosity directly impacts the lives of people sleeping rough, escaping an abusive relationship, poor mental health or the grip of drugs and alcohol.
Your gift will provide direct support and services so that people can make positive changes. Please donate today – and make sure homeless people are given the support they need to transform their lives.
- £10 could buy ingredients for a Growing Livers cookery session
- £20 could buy a start-up pack of essential items for someone moving into a new home
- £30 could cover the travel costs so we can accompany people to health appointments
- £40 could pay the transport costs so that people living in rural areas can get to Growing Lives
- £50 could buy essential equipment for the Growing Lives project
If you would prefer to donate by post please make cheques payable to Derventio Housing Trust CIC and post it to us at Derventio Housing Trust, 33 Boyer Street, Derby DE22 3TB. Please write your name and address on the back of the cheque so we can say thank you.Donate now
Donate useful items
We work with people who have come upon difficult times and are struggling to get by. Others have been homeless for years and it may have been a long time since they slept in a warm bed. These items may seem simple and inexpensive but will mean a lot to people who have few items of their own.
Our funding and Housing Benefit income covers our housing and support services. But we rely on donations to provide people with essential items like those listed below. The items we find most useful are:
- Non-perishable food (tins & packets, tinned meals, tea & coffee, sugar, soup, cereals, treats)
- Toiletries (we particularly need deodorant, dental care, razors & shaving gel and feminine hygiene products)
- New (unused) hairbrushes or combs
- Toilet paper>
If you have any clothes, household items or perishable food that you would like to donate, please contact your local homelessness charity.
Donate items for Growing Lives
Growing Lives gives people a way to learn new skills in a relaxed and friendly setting. We always welcome donations of any good quality items which can be used for arts and crafts, outdoor, computer-related, music or other similar activities. Useful items include:
- Garden tools (things like spades, gardening gloves, plant pots, seed trays, plant labels)
- Paint, paper, card, chalk, pens or crayons
- Tools (for example, hammers, screwdrivers, allen keys, spanners)
- Bicycles and cycle parts
How to drop off donations
Donations can be dropped off during working hours at Derventio Housing Trust, 33 Boyer Street, Derby DE22 3TB.
Our opening hours are:
Monday: 9am to 5pm
Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
Wednesday: 9am to 12.30pm
Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 5pm