Navigator (Opportunity and Change)
Full time (40 hours) a week
Delivery location: Derby City and South Derbyshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at Derventio Housing Trust on the Building Better Opportunities Programme, Opportunity and Change project. We are looking for empathetic and energetic individuals to directly deliver mentoring services to unemployed people living in Derby City and South Derbyshire.
Working as part of a small team of Personal Navigators, you will provide a high-quality support and mentoring service to people with multiple complex needs, whom are unemployed and economically inactive in Derby City and South Derbyshire, to connect them to and complement existing support services, whilst identifying the gaps in an individual’s access to provision.
The successful candidate will:
- be self-motivated and confident, and looking for a unique challenge
- feel confident delivering employability support
- have excellent local knowledge of support services available
- have excellent knowledge of benefits, including in-work benefits
- be able to motivate participants and support them to achieve their goals
- have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
The post is for a fixed term period, and the project is funded by Building Better Opportunities Programme, which is funded by the European Social Fund, and The National Lottery Community Fund, until 30th June 2022.
Closing date: 18th of June 2021
Interviews: Thursday 24th of June 2021