IHM Specialist Officer (Skills for the Future)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new two-year project which will help people in Derbyshire to develop their employability skills.
The postholder will provide:
- Intensive housing management to young people living in Derventio accommodation
- Advice and guidance on maintaining a tenancy and building independent living skills
- Support to find and move into suitable accommodation
You will work in a person-centred and strengths-based way to give young people real choice over their lives and building on each person’s unique strengths and aspirations so they can transition out of their situation with dignity.
You should have excellent communication skills and a willingness to make a difference to people’s lives. You will need to take a flexible person-led approach and have an ability to work on your own initiative, as well as working as part of a team.
Skills for the Future is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
• This is a full-time post at 40 hours per week.
• Remuneration packages commensurate with level of experience
• You must be prepared to undergo a DBS check
• A valid driving licence and use of vehicle for work purposes is essential