Building Better Opportunities: Opportunity and Change – Personal Navigator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at Derventio Housing Trust on the Building Better Opportunities Employability Programme, Opportunity and Change. We are looking for empathetic and energetic individuals to directly deliver mentoring services to unemployed people living in Derbyshire.
Working as part of a small team of Personal Navigators, you will provide a high quality support and mentoring service to people with multiple complex needs who are unemployed and economically inactive in Derbyshire to connect them to and complement existing support services, whilst identifying the gaps in an individual’s access to provision.
Building Better Opportunities is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund until 31 March 2022.
Part time (20 hours a week) post available in Derby City
The successful candidates will:
- be self-motivated and confident and looking for a unique challenge
- feel confident delivering employability and support
- have excellent local knowledge of support services available
- have excellent local knowledge of benefits, including in-work benefits
- be able to motivate participants and support them to achieve their goals
- have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
Remuneration packages commensurate with level of experience
All candidates must be prepared to undergo a DBS check
Closing date 9 June 2020 9am