Building Better Opportunities Navigator
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at Derventio Housing Trust on the Building Better Opportunities Programme, Opportunity and Change project. We are looking for empathetic and energetic individuals to directly deliver mentoring services to unemployed people living in Eastwood.
Working as part of a small team of Personal Navigators, you will provide a high quality support and mentoring service to people with multiple complex needs whom are unemployed and economically inactive in Eastwood to connect them to and complement existing support services, whilst identifying the gaps in an individual’s access to provision.
Building Better Opportunities Programme is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund until 31 March 2022.
Job title: Navigator
Part time, 20 hours a week, to cover maternity leave
Delivery location: EASTWOOD
Salary scale: £20,000-£24,000 pro rata
The successful candidates will:
• be self-motivated and confident and looking for a unique challenge
• feel confident delivering employability support
• have excellent local knowledge of support services available
• have excellent knowledge of benefits, including in-work benefits
• be able to motivate participants and support them to achieve their goals
• have a driving license and access to a vehicle for work
Remuneration packages commensurate with level of experience
All candidates must be prepared to undergo a DBS check
Closing date: 9am on Friday 31st of July
Interviews: August 3rd and 4th 2020